Colorado Juniors Development Program
Who is this program designed for? This is for 12-16 year old girls who :
- need or want more game experience (play time is guaranteed, and players will play all the way around)
- cannot commit the time or financial resources for full time club
- want to be part of the Colorado Juniors program, but did not make the 16's, 15's, 14's or 13's traveling team/or are still young but want to make a team in the future
- want to get experience now (and before HS) so they can make their school teams
- 21 girls on travel teams this coming season played in our development program
What is the program? The program has 10 teams of eight players only on each team - 80 total athletes. They will practice twice a week starting the week of Nov 12th (Tues or Wed, and Fri nights, 5-6:30pm (with a break over the holidays) at ACES. They will learn the basic skills (serving, passing, defense and attacking) from Colorado Juniors coaches, learn team concepts, and learn life skills -- time management, timeliness, and sportsmanship. They will compete in the ACES Power League - a local league which competes 7 times, Dec - Feb. Each team will have their own coach. League matches are on Friday nights 5:30-9pm - and held at our own ACES facility, in Monument. On league nights, the teams will play instead of practice. They will be in one of two waves (playing your similar skill level) on Friday nights - one starts at 5:30, the other at 7:15pm. This program finishes on Mar 1st.
What is the cost? The cost for the season is $725 ( USAV registration is $55 -- after Nov 1st, you can call the RMR office for a $20 refund and get status as an "other" member vs a full membership.
What does the cost include? For your fees you will receive:
- 3 hours a week, for 12 weeks, of solid fundamental coaching and training
- entry fee for ACES Power League
- exposure to strength and conditioning for volleyball
- exposure to sand training and conditioning
- uniform jersey, spandex and socks
- team picture and roster on Colorado Juniors web site
- a post-season evaluation of your skills/potential on the final league date
- pizza party after your last practice day
- a fun time and great experience!
When do I "tryout" for this program? NO tryouts -- 80 total athletes will be a part of this growing program -- the FIRST 80 ONLY -- wait listed after full!
ALL practices and matches will be held at ACES facility in Monument.
2018-2019 Development Coaches: Kevin Marquis, Matt Bledig, Elsa Krieg, Malcolm Grimes, Kirk Rowland, Tammy Shotkoski, Sarah Reilly, Gianna Bartalo, Natalia Lambos, Addie Feek, Emily Broerman, Anna Davis, -- Officials: Riley Putnicki, McKenna Sciacca, Taylor Buckley
More questions? Call Development Director, Kevin 719-466-7494 , email: kevin @coloradojuniors.org -- or go to our website for more information.